Terms and Condition for Sellers
This E-commerce portal “indiahandmade.com” has rules and regulations that govern its use.
By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you disagree with all of the terms and conditions stated on this page, please do not continue to use Indiahandmade.com.
Your use of the Platform and the features therein is governed by the following terms and conditions, including applicable policies available on the Platform and notifications and communications sent to you on the Platform, which are incorporated herein by way of reference:
- All commercial terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and the Buyers alone. The commercial terms include (without limitation) price, terms and payment modes, date, time and mode of delivery, warranties and after-sales services related to products and services.
- “indiahandmade.com” does not make any representations or warranties of any of the products proposed to be sold, offered to be sold or purchased on the Platform.
- The Platform is only a platform that can be utilised by you to reach a larger Customer base to sell items or services.
- The following data and/or images must not be hosted, displayed, uploaded, modified, published, sent, updated or shared by you:
- Belongs to another person, over whom you have no right.
- Is malicious, offensive, threatening, defamatory, indecent, explicit, paedophilic, libellous, intrusive into the privacy of another, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, derogatory, relating to or promoting money laundering or betting, or otherwise illegal in any way.
- Is false, invalid or misleading in any way.
- Is deceptive, includes the sale of counterfeit or stolen goods or breaches any patent, copyright, trademark, property rights, third party's trade secrets, publicity rights or privacy rights.
- Contains any computer code, file or programme intended to damage, interfere with, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; contains any worms, trojan horses, cancelbots, time bombs, easter eggs or other computer programming routines targeted at damaging, interfering with, declining the value of, secretly intercepting or confiscating any system, data or personal data.
- You may not access, collect, copy, track or in any way replicate or escape the navigational framework, presentation or Content of the Platform in order to get or try to get any content, documents or data through any method that is not intentionally made accessible through the Platform. This incorporates, but is not limited to, using any "deep-link," "page-scrape," "robot," "spider," automatic device, programme, algorithm, methodology or identical or equivalent manual process. We may prohibit such behaviour at our discretion.
- You agree not to hack into, "mine" passwords for, or otherwise try to gain illicit access to the Platform, any systems or networks linked to the Platform, computer, server, network or the services provided on or via the Platform.
- To violate the security or verification processes on the Platform or any system linked to the Platform, you may not probe, scan or test their level of vulnerability. You may not use the Platform or any service or data made available or provided on or via the Platform in any way where the intent is to reveal any data (including, but not specifically, identifiable data or other than your own data) or to trace the origin of any content on the Platform (which includes any account you have on the Platform that does so) or to its source.
- You shall not make any statement or comment about Indiahandmade.com, the Indiahandmade.com brand name or domain name or any Indiahandmade.com. affiliates or associated entities that might deteriorate the public perception or reputation of Indiahandmade.com or Sellers on the Platform or that might deteriorate or diminish any trademark, service mark, business name or goodwill associated with Indiahandmade.com. If you use the Platform or Indiahandmade.com systems, networks, or other systems or networks linked to Indiahandmade.com in any way, you understand and consent that you are not going to perform any act that puts an unreasonable or disproportionately high strain on the infrastructure of the Platform or Indiahandmade.com.
As a registered Seller, you shall list item(s) for sale on the Platform per the policies incorporated by way of reference in this ToU. Your ability to sell the items you offer on our Platform is contingent upon your possession of all applicable licences and permissions. It is your responsibility to check that none of the things on the list violate someone else's right to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property. Only written descriptions, graphics, photographs or videos of the object for sale may be included in a listing. Each product must be assigned to a suitable section on the Site. To properly fulfil orders, you must always have stock of all products advertised. The item's description on the listing page must be accurate and honest about the item's condition. You undertake to return any money received from the Buyer if the item's description differs from its actual condition. You may not list the same item under several categories on the Platform. If you offer the same product in several categories on indiahandmade.com , it may be removed. Products made in specific countries may not be sold on this website.
Compliance with the Selling of Goods or Services
In addition, you must follow all relevant laws and regulations regarding the Goods/Services you provide, including those pertaining to the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST), State Goods and Services Tax (SGST), Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) and Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST).
You must collect and remit the relevant Goods and Services Tax from your customers for the impacted goods and services. Indiahandmade.com will not be responsible for any deficiency and/or omission on your part.
According to the tax collection at source provisions under IGST, CGST and/or UTGST/SGST, the portal would collect tax collection at source at applicable rates on the net value of taxable supplies made through the portal and remit it to the appropriate Government.
In case of any mismatches on account of tax collection at source, you shall be required to provide all relevant information to Indiahandmade.com correspond with the relevant authorities, and in case of any liability accruing on account of omission, it shall be your obligation to pay the deficit.
You shall be required to provide the corresponding Harmonised System Nomenclature (HSN) code number for every product listing. In the event that you do not provide the HSN code number, that particular product will be delisted, and you will no longer be able to sell the product on our Platform.
Content Posted on the Platform
All text, graphics, Seller interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork, notes, messages, emails, billboard postings, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files and other Content or information (collectively ‘Content’) are third-party generated Content, and Indiahandmade.com no responsibility or liability over such third-party generated Content as Indiahandmade.com is merely an intermediary for the purposes of this ToU. Without Indiahandmade.com’s prior written consent, you may not copy, procreate, publish, republish, post, widely display, encode, translate, share or distribute any part of the Platform or the Content in any medium (including "mirroring") for the purpose of publication, distribution or commercial enterprise, except as specifically stated in the ToU.
You may use the information on the products and services made available on the Platform for downloading, provided you:
- Do not edit any copied Content to remove any proprietary notices.
- Don't steal this Content and use it for your own business advantage. Do not make copies, upload them to any server or distribute them in any way.
- Make no modifications to any Content.
- Don't make any further claims about the Content's reliability.
- You, as a Seller, shall be required to dispatch the products and/or services for every transaction to the Buyer within the time provided in the TOU to ensure that the products and/or services are delivered promptly. Further, you will be solely responsible for undertaking transit insurance for products You sell on the Platform. To avoid doubt, Indiahandmade.com will not be responsible for undertaking any insurance(s) for products sold by Sellers on the Platform.
- The Seller shall provide dispatch details and details of after-sales services related to products and services listed by it on the Platform to Indiahandmade.com in such a manner and within a time as provided in the policies, failing which the transaction shall stand cancelled.
- The Seller shall dispatch the products and/or services using only an approved delivery channel that provides appropriate ‘proof of dispatch’ and ‘proof of delivery’ (PoDs) documentation. Such PoD documentation relating to delivery should be maintained by a Seller for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of dispatch. The PoDs should be furnished to Indiahandmade.com on demand within the time frame as notified from time to time.
- The Seller agrees that the dispatch details shall be true, correct and duly authorised and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorised, or illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts.
- In case a Seller fails to provide dispatch details or provides dispatch details that do not comply with policies, it shall result in consequences as more specifically stated in the ToU and may lead to suspension and/or termination of Seller account.
- The Seller agrees that the transaction price paid by a Buyer will be remitted to the Seller’s bank account contingent upon the following events:
- The Buyer confirms the delivery of products and/or services in the transaction.
- Despite the Seller's confirmation of shipment of items and/or services to the Buyer, the Buyer is unable to take any action on the payment facility to verify delivery within a specified time as stated in the policies.
- The Buyer’s refund claim is rejected by Indiahandmade.com due to any breach of the ToU, policies or any applicable law.
- Once the Seller completes the transaction, the remittance to the Seller shall be made per RBI Intermediary Guidelines.
- You are required to route all shipments and consignments through the Logistic Partner unless otherwise specified. ‘Logistic Partner’ shall mean a logistic service provider approved by Indiahandmade.com.
- If you use the Platform, you're on the hook for keeping your username, password and any and all actions that occur under your username, password and in the Partner Portal safe and confidential at all times. You acknowledge that We shall have the right to immediately suspend, terminate or block your access to the Platform without notice if We have adequate reason to believe that such data is untrue, unreliable, not up-to-date or incomplete or if such information is otherwise not in compliance with the ToU.
- You accept and acknowledge that any and all communications with Us, whether on the Platform or by email or other data, details or communication, will be in the form of electronic records. You agree to frequently, or as needed, receive messages from Us through electronic records. We reserve the right to contact You by email, the Partner Portal or any other means, electronic or otherwise.