Terms & Conditions
Welcome to "Indiahandmade"!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations applicable to sellers for the use of “Indiahandmade”.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use “Indiahandmade” if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Your use of the Platform and the features therein is governed by the following terms and conditions including applicable policies available on the Platform, notifications and communications sent to you on the Platform which are incorporated herein by way of reference.
- All commercial terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and Buyers alone. The commercial terms include (without limitation) price, payment methods and terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, and warranties and after-sales services related to products and services.
- “Indiahandmade” does not make any representations or warranties any of the products proposed to be sold, offered to be sold or purchased on the Platform.
- The Platform is only a platform that can be utilised by you to reach a larger Customer base to sell items or services.
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information or image which:
- belongs to another person and over which you have no right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, bigotry, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever, or unlawfully threatening or harassing
- is false, inaccurate or misleading in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, proprietary rights, third-party’s trade secrets, rights of publicity, or privacy, is fraudulent, or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- You shall not use any ‘deep-link’, ‘page-scrape’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’, automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy, monitor any portion of the Platform or content or in any way reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure, presentation of the Platform, or any content to obtain or attempt to obtain any material, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve our right to bar any such activities.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Platform, other systems, networks connected to the Platform, server, computer, network, or the services offered on or through the Platform by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform or breach the security, authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace information on any other user of or visitor to Platform (including any account on the Platform that is not owned by you) or to its source or exploit the Platform, any service, information made available, or offered by or through the Platform in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information (including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information) provided by the Platform.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating, or defamatory statement(s) / comment(s) about us, the brand name or domain name used by us, including “Indiahandmade”, “Indiahandmade” affiliates and associated entities, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation of “Indiahandmade” or Sellers on the platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any “Indiahandmade” trademark, service marks, trade name and / or goodwill associated with such trade, service marks or trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Platform or “Indiahandmade”’s systems, networks, or any systems or networks connected to “Indiahandmade”.
As a registered Seller, you shall list item(s) for sale on the Platform in accordance with the policies which are incorporated by way of reference in this ToU. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Platform and must have all the necessary licences and permits required for such sale. You must ensure that the listed items do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures or videos that describe your item for sale. All items must be listed in an appropriate category on the Platform. All listed items must be kept in stock for successful fulfilment of sales. The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe the actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amount that you may have received from the Buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Platform. “Indiahandmade” reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories. “Indiahandmade” reserves the right to restrict the selling of products originating from certain countries.
Compliance on Selling of Goods / Services
You shall also ensure full compliance with the provisions of Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST), Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST) or State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) in respect of the Goods / Services supplied by you.
It is your responsibility to charge appropriate Goods and Services taxes on the supplies affected and remittance of the same to the Government. “Indiahandmade” shall not be responsible for any deficiency and / or omission on your part.
Pursuant to the tax collection at source provisions under IGST, CGST and / UTGST or SGST, the portal would collect tax collection at source at applicable rates on net value of taxable supplies made through the portal and remit to the appropriate Government.
In case of any mismatches on account of tax collection at source, you shall be required to provide all relevant information to “Indiahandmade” to correspond with the relevant authorities and also in case of any liability accruing on account of omission shall be your obligation to pay such deficit.
You shall be required to provide the corresponding Harmonised System Nomenclature (HSN) code number for every product listing. In the event that you do not provide the HSN code number that particular product will be delisted and you will no longer be able to sell the product on our platform.
Content Posted on the Platform
All text, graphics, Seller interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork, notes, messages, emails, billboard postings, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files, other material or information (collectively ‘Content’) are third-party generated Content and “Indiahandmade” has no responsibility or liability over such third-party generated Content as “Indiahandmade” is merely an intermediary for the purposes of this ToU. Except as expressly provided in the ToU, no part of the Platform including the Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including ‘mirroring’) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication, distribution or any commercial enterprise without “Indiahandmade”’s prior written consent.
You may use the information on the products and services made available on the Platform for downloading provided you:
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such Content;
- use such Content only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it to any media;
- make no modifications to any Content; and
- do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to the Content.
Dispatch of Products and / or Services
- You, as a Seller, shall be required to dispatch the products and / or services for every transaction to the Buyer within the time period as provided in the ToU to ensure that the products and / or services are delivered in a timely manner. Further, you will solely be responsible for undertaking transit insurance for products sold by you on the Platform. For avoidance of doubt, “Indiahandmade” will not be responsible for undertaking any insurance(s) for products sold by Sellers on the Platform.
- Seller shall ensure timely dispatching of products i.e. within 5 days of receiving the order, failing which the order shall stand cancelled.
- Seller shall dispatch the products and / or services using only an approved delivery channel which provides appropriate ‘proof of dispatch’ & ‘proof of delivery’ (PoDs) documentation. Such PoD documentation relating to delivery should be maintained by a Seller for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of dispatch. The PoDs should be furnished to “Indiahandmade” on demand within the time frame as notified from time to time.
- Seller agrees that the dispatch details shall be true, correct, and duly authorised and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorised, illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts.
- In case a Seller fails to provide dispatch details or provides dispatch details not complying with policies, it shall result in consequences as more specifically stated in the ToU and may lead to suspension and / or termination of Seller account.
- Seller agrees that the transaction price paid by a Buyer will be remitted to a Seller’s bank account contingent upon the following events:
- Buyer confirms the delivery of products and / or services in the transaction;
- Buyer does not take any action on payment facility to confirm delivery within such a time period as provided in the policies despite confirmation of dispatch of products and / or services by a Seller to the Buyer;
- Buyer’s refund claim is rejected by “Indiahandmade” due to any breach of the ToU, policies, and any applicable law;
- Once the transaction is completed by the Seller, the remittance to Seller shall be made in accordance with RBI Intermediary Guidelines.
- You are required to route all shipments / consignments through the Logistic Partner, as approved by “Indiahandmade”.